Why not check out our Legislation Video.
Our cloud-based management software enables you to easily manage all aspects of your business and helps you meet the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
This video shows you how to use the Legislation Module within isCompliant.
For more information visit www.iscompliant.com
The Legislation Index allows you to keep track of the legislation that affects you by displaying it in an easily searchable index.
Note: Before adding a Legislation record to your module, we suggest that you firstly open a new tab in your web browser and find the website that holds the latest version of that legislation.
- Open the Legislation module.
- Click on the New button in the bottom right hand corner.
- If you have chosen to manually insert codes to this module, you will need to insert a unique reference Code for the record. See Section 2.3.4 on Coding Rules for more information.
- Enter the Name of the legislation exactly as stated.
- Where applicable, assign the legislation to a Category and Type by clicking on the grey box next to each field and selecting from the drop down lists.
- Where applicable, paste the URL of the website that holds the latest version of the legislation into the Web Address field on isCompliant.
- Click on the Save button.
3.1.2 Adding detail to a Legislation record
The legislation record simply links to the corresponding website that contains the most up-to-date version of the legislation, so there are just two tabs to navigate.
Main Details: As explained in Section 3.1.1, you can add the key details of the legislation here, including the link to the corresponding web page. You can also change the status of the legislation to Active or Inactive.
Actions: You can create an Action relating to the Legislation by following the steps set out in Section 3.6.2.
3.1.3 Editing or Deleting a Legislation Record
You can edit a legislation record by opening the Legislation Index module and clicking the corresponding Edit button. If you have permission to edit within this module, you will be able to navigate the tabs as above and make any necessary changes.
To delete a piece of legislation, open the record and click the orange Delete button at the bottom right of the screen. Remember, you can make the legislation inactive if you may need to use it in the future; go to the Main Details tab and change the Status.